Wednesday 2 March 2011

buying books again and world book night

Bought a couple of books today at that dangerous place called Waterstones. There 3 for 2 offer is so bewitching. I picked up the much wanted The Postmistress by Sarah Blake and Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. The third book caught my eye and it's Florence & Giles by John Harding, which a very enthusiastic (and rarely seen) Waterstones staff member told me was a really good book. I love impromptu recommendations like this, as it only emphasises that the book is a good read!
I also had a look at the copies of Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood that I'm giving away on World Book Night ( sat 5th march) and picked a few up to give to friends. I have a friend who is very ill and to see her smile when I gave her a copy of Blind Assassin was very worthwhile.
I'm looking forward to World Book night and have several friends popping in to support the night at Waterstones and enjoy the bookish event.

No comments:

Post a Comment